article line

preCharge News POLITICS — A man who opened fire at a White House security checkpoint Saturday evening was shot and killed after U.S. Secret Service officers returned fire, authorities said. President Donald Trump, who was at the White House during the incident, was not harmed. The shooting marks the third incident involving gunfire near the president in the past month.

Secret Service Officers Return Fire After Suspect Opens Fire

The U.S. Secret Service said the incident unfolded shortly after 6 p.m. near the intersection of 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, close to the White House complex.

Authorities said the suspect allegedly removed a weapon from a bag and began firing, prompting officers at the security checkpoint to immediately respond.

The suspect was transported to a hospital after being struck by gunfire and later died from injuries sustained during the encounter.

Suspect Identified by Officials

A law enforcement official identified the suspect as 21-year-old Nasire Best.

Investigators have not publicly released:

  • A possible motive
  • Details about the weapon used
  • Whether the suspect had prior contact with law enforcement
  • Additional information regarding his movements before the incident

Authorities said the investigation remains active.

President Trump Was Not Injured During Incident

The Secret Service stated that President Donald Trump, who was at the White House during the shooting, was not affected.

Officials also said:

  • No Secret Service officers were injured
  • Security protocols were immediately activated
  • The White House complex remained secured

Bystander Also Struck During Gunfire Exchange

Authorities said one bystander was injured during the incident.

Investigators are still attempting to determine whether that individual was struck by:

  • Gunfire initially fired by the suspect
  • Rounds fired by responding officers

The person’s condition was not immediately disclosed.

Incident Marks Third Shooting Near Trump in Recent Weeks

Saturday’s shooting is the latest in a series of security incidents involving gunfire in areas surrounding President Trump.

Recent incidents include:

  • A shooting connected to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner area in April
  • Gunfire near the Washington Monument earlier in May
  • Saturday’s security checkpoint shooting

Growing Focus on White House Security

The repeated incidents have increased scrutiny surrounding protective measures near the president and major federal sites.

Video from reporters at the White House captured moments of panic during the shooting as journalists and staff nearby sought cover after hearing multiple gunshots.

Law enforcement agencies continue reviewing:

  • Security camera footage
  • Witness statements
  • Physical evidence collected at the scene

Investigation Continues as Authorities Review Evidence

Crime scene investigators were seen processing the area outside the White House complex, placing evidence markers and securing the perimeter.

The Secret Service is leading the investigation with support from local law enforcement agencies.

Officials Seek Answers on Motive

Federal investigators are expected to examine:

  • The suspect’s background
  • Digital evidence
  • Social media activity
  • Any potential connections to previous threats

Authorities have not indicated whether the incident was politically motivated.

Want to earn some extra money on the side? Buy PCPi Coin or Subscribe to VIP and get dividens monthly.



____
Associated Press, CNBC News, Fox News, and preCharge News contributed to this report.